When: September 9 & 10
Where: Otway Nordic Centre Disc Golf Course
Cost: $55 per player. (juniors $35)
Registration: DiscGolfScene (link)
Welcome to the 2023 Fall Prince George Tournament. With some upheaval due to the Hart Ski Hill course no longer being available, it has been a tumultuous year. With the course at Caledonia Nordic Ski Club’s Otway facility now being open, we are once again able to host tournaments.
This event is a two round, two day, trophy only event, with an optional doubles round in the middle. Please read through all of the information carefully as there are a variety of options available to everyone. Especially take note if you are registering someone in the junior categories (≤15).
- Saturday, 9 September 2023
- 08:00-08:45 Player Registration (in the gravel pit)
- 09:00-09:15 Player Meeting (mandatory)
- 09:30-12:00 Singles (round 1)
- 13:30-13:45 Player Meeting for Doubles and Junior ≤15, ≤12 divisions
- 14:00-16:30 Doubles (optional) and Junior (≤15, ≤12) round
- 16:30-17:00 Award ceremony for doubles and junior divisions
- Sunday, 10 September 2023
- 09:00-09:15 Player Meeting (optional, but recommended)
- 09:30-12:00 Singles (round 2)
- 12:30-13:00 Award ceremony
The tournament will have two rounds, taking place over two days. The singles portion of the event will have a shotgun start, with all players competing at the same time. There will be several CTP, longest (fairway) drive and a few other bonus prizes to be won.
The singles event will be split into divisions, and all effort will be made to place you with players in your division, but small divisions with two or less players may be combined with another group for play, but will remain in their own division for scoring. Please read through the division section to register for the appropriate one.
Your registration fee includes opportunity for the optional doubles portion of the event. This one-round best-shot doubles round will partner you up based on your singles score in the first round. The doubles round will only have two divisions, which will be delineated by the singles division each player is competing in. All ‘standard’ layout (MA1, FA1, MA2, FA2) divisions will be combined, and all ‘alternate’ layout divisions (MA3, FA3, MJ18) will be combined. The best score will be paired with the worst score, moving towards the center, with the two median scores being paired.
This is an opportunity for the competitive players to show off their skillset and for the developing players to partner up with a more experienced player. If that wasn’t enough, there will be prizes awarded in this optional event as well.
Note that this optional round will be played concurrently with the junior divisions (≤15, ≤12) rounds and if you are the responsible adult for these players, you must accompany the junior card and cannot take part in the doubles round.
Juniors (≤15, ≤12)
The junior divisions (≤15, ≤12) will be playing modified courses as indicated below. Please note that all players 12 and under will require a responsible adult with them for their entire round.
- Juniors ≤15:
- Will play the 18-hole layout using alternate tee pads. This will be the same layout as the FA3 and MA3 divisions, but will only be a 1-round tournament.
- Each card will require at least 1 responsible adult (>18) for scorekeeping and maintaining pace of play. The PGDGC will not be supplying responsible adults, the registrants must provide one (or more).
- Juniors ≤12:
- Will play a modified 12-hole layout using the alternate tee pads. This layout will start on hole 4 and run through hole 15 (inclusive).
- Each player will require an identified responsible adult (>18). Each responsible adult may be responsible for up to two players on the same card. The PGDGC will not be supplying responsible adults, the registrants must provide a suitable quantity for each card.
- As this division will be playing a shorter layout, they will be expected to let other cards play through as applicable.
There will be an optional ace pot available to all players. The ace pot is applicable to the singles portion of the event only. The ace pot will be split along the MA and FA line, but all applicable divisions within those delineations will not be divided. Junior divisions are not eligible for participation in the ace pot. If no players hit an ace during the tournament, there will be a throw-off CTP to determine the winner. If multiple aces are hit during the tournament, all players will receive equal payout.
The player pack will not include any discs for the ’23 fall tournament. There will be other items included, which are being finalized. The player packs will have a retail value in excess of $50, so you definitely aren’t getting short changed.
Withdrawals prior to September 1 will be eligible for a full refund minus a $5 processing fee; or, eligible to keep the player’s pack with no refund.
Withdrawals after September 1 will not be eligible for a refund and will receive a player’s pack.
The tournament central will be located at the gravel pit located between holes 4, 5 & 6. All players meetings and ceremonies will be held here, so it is recommended to arrive early to give yourself a few minutes to walk on down.
We will be using UDisc to keep track of scores for the event. As registrations happen, we will add players to the UDisc event. If you don’t have a current UDisc account associated with the email you registered with, we will contact you to setup finalized details.